class-dojo parent-mail

Littlebourne Church of England Primary School

Together, we grow, thrive and achieve

How do I make a complaint regarding the provision for children with Special Educational Needs/Disabilities at Littlebourne CE Primary School?

The normal arrangements for the treatment of complaints at Littlebourne are used for complaints about provision made for special educational needs and/or disabilities.


Please refer to our Complaints Policy on our school website.


We encourage parents to discuss their concerns with:


  • Their child’s class teacher
  • The SENCO
  • The Headteacher


This is an opportunity to resolve the issue informally before making the complaint formal to the Chair of the governing body.


If the complaint is not resolved, after it has been considered by the Governing Body, then a disagreement resolution service or mediation service can be contacted.


If it remains unresolved after this, the complainant can appeal to the First–tier Tribunal (Special Educational Needs and Disability), if the case refers to disability discrimination, or to the Secretary of State for all other cases.


There are some circumstances, usually for children who have an Education, Health and Care plan, where there is a statutory right for parents to appeal against a decision of the Local Authority. Complaints which fall within this category cannot be investigated by the school.